Home

Home

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Montpelier

We met Carl and Betty in Montpelier at La Brioche a bakery and coffee shop of the NECI. I had a fruit tart that was out of this world. We checked out some of the shops before and after lunch at the NECI's bar and grill. Pete had a sausage sandwich, Carl and I had the fish pot pie and Betty had a hanger steak salad. We were all very satisfied with our choices. Before we parted ways we took a tour of the State Capitol building. Montpelier is the smallest capital in
the nation.
As we headed for our separate cars Carl mentioned that they were going to drive through Fairport before starting for home. Wow! Cheryl Chittick Cecil lives in Fairport, so I couldn't pass up a chance to see her when we were 5 miles close. After just missing her at her volunteer job we caught up to her at the farmers' market. I'd say she WAS surprised to see me.
We did some catching up and then it was time for home. Another 6:00 p.m. arrival and the pets were glad we had returned.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.