Home

Home

Monday, July 20, 2009

Storytelling



Saw this in the 7 Days newspaper Elizabeth gave me. It's filled with all sorts of events.

Found my way to the
Williston Library in time to join a small group of ladies who participate in this twice a month activity year round. Our leader is dynamic story-teller Rechille a retired speech-language pathologist. After introducing ourselves we were given a sheet with ideas from which to create an oral story about our history. We spent about 1/2 hour making notes and then each took a turn in telling her story. They were all interesting and varied.

Found when I returned home I had left my new sunglasses there but it's easy enough to go back and pick them up. A phone call assured me they'd put my name on them and hold them for me. What a friendly place!

I shall return for two more sessions in August.


Oh, Shirley told me about the wonderful Wed. lunch at the Charlotte Senior Center so we'll be sure to make a reservation for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear from you.